Style Points: Art of the Family Collage Workshop

Over the last several weeks I've been asked to teach a different art technique or project to friends or casual acquaintances. So today I'm prepping for a new workshop and hosting an afternoon on family collage on canvas art techniques that were recently featured in the Raleigh News & Observer. This afternoon is also the test phase for a new event planning service rolling out this Fall. (more about that later).

The project I'm featuring today couldn't be any easier, but gives fabulous results in an afternoon. It's one that I've made several times over the past year, four of them feature my children, one of my brother in my art journal. All you need are gallery-wrapped canvas, artist gel medium, acrylic paint for the background and photocopies of your photographs. I'll be posting photos of the finished projects later this week, so stay tuned and enjoy!

Be Creative!

Lise
___________________

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Artistic Lifestyling Blog Site is ever so inspiring. The green color scheme of your
graphics is cooling to the eyes and adds tranquility to one's vision.
I especially want to comment on your Family Collage Workshop, it did indeed inspire
me.
I was designing wall pockets for a commission from a NC children's museum, when I
came upon your workshop. Using family & friends photos & pix from my backyard
bird sanctury, I made the attached wall pocket.
Thank you so much for your wonderful creative & inspiring ideas.

Valarie Jean Art Quiltz